• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE kit. w/ new driveshafts

mikebish86

NAXJA Forum User
my XJ already has custom driveshafts on it... but im thinking the rear one might be unbalanced or something b/c ive broken my U-joint twice in like the last month or so... and i havent been doing an serious Froadin'. So i was just wondering if gettin a SYE kit w/ new shaft would be a good solution??? its just tickin me off.
later.

You need to give us the specs on your XJ if you want us to help you figure out your problem. What year XJ? What transfer case? How much lift? Any degree shims under your leaf packs?

Even if you've got new, longer driveshafts, if you're lifted too tall, the angle of your rear driveshaft could be too stressful for your u-joints. If your t-case output and rear axle yoke aren't parallel, that can stress your u-joints as well.

its 01' w/ 4.5'' RE superflex kit, not sure what shims i got under the leafs... or transfer case. Ive only owned it for like 3-4months now.. and still learning everyday. I knew i would have problems b/c of the shaft angle but didnt think it would be that bad.

Back