• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE and Speedo

Lowrange2

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone ever have problems with the speedo sensor meshing with the new gear on the new sye shaft? i can't get my speedo to work for shit.

Did you change the speedo gear, or did you fail to clock the housing properly? It's almost always the latter of the two...

speedo_out.jpg

I believe you've already been pointed to http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/porc_sye.html for more info on SYEs - that picture was part of my PORC SYE install writeup.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Yes i repllaced the gear and lined those slots up... now granted i could have lined them up 180* from that position... would that matter?

Yucca-Man said:
Did you change the speedo gear, or did you fail to clock the housing properly? It's almost always the latter of the two...

speedo_out.jpg

I believe you've already been pointed to http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/porc_sye.html for more info on SYEs - that picture was part of my PORC SYE install writeup.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Are the number ranges for different tooth counts actually marked on the housing? I cant read what the housing says in this pic. Im asking because I have a 38 tooth speedo gear I am going to install today.

lowrange2 said:
Yes i repllaced the gear and lined those slots up... now granted i could have lined them up 180* from that position... would that matter?

Yes, I would give it another try... The most common thing is the speedo drive is not clocked properly and thus no speedo.. You can take the bracket off and rotate the drive around till you feel the gears contact..

Hell i guess the gear is the right count... I didnt count them i just installed the gear that came with the Sye and put that bitch back in... I didnt take it out (My elf took it out) and i put it back in. my elf said he thought the drive was farther into the sye but i couldn't get it to go in any farther... is there anything else that lines up besides that bracket?

I had the same problem. Jack up one of the rear wheels so it is off the ground and put in neutral. Then take the sensor part off the gear and the shaft. So that as you spin the wheel you can feel the shaft with your finger tips. Once the shaft feels like it has a good bite and turns install the sensor and try that. Worked for me

Back