• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Disco restraint

ChuckstrPT

NAXJA Member #791
So, I just installed my JKS quicker Disco's....and there really isn't an obvious place to either mount the included disconnected mount, or to "tie" them up to. What do you guys to with them, when disconnected???
And, the passenger side is kinda tight. There really isn't much room next to the trac bar mount? Is there a trick to getting that one on and off easily??
Thanks!

I put a couple of I-bolts in pre-existing holes in the body like the DPG disco cables. I thought about making the cables but i find it easier to just ziptie them up to that. Cant find the link to the picture of DPG's but its around here somewhere, search for it

OT said:
Put a post in the inner fender and retain it with the click pin.
That's what I wanted to do, but, I'm only at 3 inches, and there doesn't seem to be a position that I can maneuver it to get the lower end lined up mount the included post. That would be the easiest, but there doesn't seem to be a place for it. The springs in the way, etc...
Thanks!

I have RE discos, not sure how the compare but this is how i did mine.
discos005.jpg

discos002.jpg

discos004.jpg

The sway bar stays away from the springs and no need for zip ties or bungies.

XJLaredo said:
I have RE discos, not sure how the compare but this is how i did mine.
discos005.jpg

The sway bar stays away from the springs and no need for zip ties or bungies.
THat is ideal, and the way I wanted to do mine also. Unfortunately, the JKS disco's are directly under the sway bar. No can do that. I gotta swing the sway bar up to get it out of the way. Swung up as far at it will go, the bottom end of the disco is no where near sheet metal. hmmmmm

DPG Offroad sells nifty disco holders. I think they cost 20 bucks and hold the disco's and the sway bar out of the way with snap links and cable. You could probably source all the materials yourself and put your own together but for me being overseas it was easier to just buy them.

I've seen other pics of this already posted, here's mine I made for around $6
P1010035.jpg

JEEPTUBE said:
How do u guys like the JKS's. They nice & quiet, compared to the evil RE generation 1.
Im looking in to get some of those JKS's. They look nice.

I also just installed the JKS quicker discos...and they seem great so far...I can't believe how much more the XJ will flex now. I heard all the problems everyone had with other discos, which is why I ended up forking out the $ for JKS.

I just finished making my disco holders...it ended up being $10 from Ace Hardware...

$.14: x3: ft of 1/8 plastic coated aircraft cable
$1.55: 2: eye hooks5/16"x31/4"(SS) w/ 2 nuts
$1.35: 2: 5/8" "bolt snap swivel eye(SS dog run clips)
$.85: 4: aluminum cable crimps
$.25: 2: 5/16" SS washers

Total: 10.73(w/ tax)

HPIM0565.jpg

Back