• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C Fuse?

aznightkrawler

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 95 XJ that has been having A/C issues. Is there a fuse for the A/C circuit or only a relay. I have gone through several diagrams, and all I can find is a relay. Is this correct?

bcmaxx said:
Whats is doing??

My clutch is not engaging, and my electric fan is not turning on. When I turn on the A/C the blower turns on, aswell as the RPM's rise to accept the expected load, however I get no clutch activation and no fan. If I hotwire the clutch and fan they work fine... I have checked the relays and they are fine. I have also bypassed the Low Pressure Switch, and all it does it pick up the RPM;s, and does not force the compressor on. As a last resort I am hoping there is a fuse somewhere for the A/C cicuit.

aznightkrawler said:
My clutch is not engaging, and my electric fan is not turning on. When I turn on the A/C the blower turns on, aswell as the RPM's rise to accept the expected load, however I get no clutch activation and no fan. If I hotwire the clutch and fan they work fine... I have checked the relays and they are fine. I have also bypassed the Low Pressure Switch, and all it does it pick up the RPM;s, and does not force the compressor on. As a last resort I am hoping there is a fuse somewhere for the A/C cicuit.

Well I solved my own problem, I decided to use a continuity tester and test every fuse on the jeep. Well I found a bad one.....it was in the PDC labeled ignition. I replaced it and it worked perfect!!!

Back