• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flowmaster40 & Flowmaster50, whats the diff?

Akira

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

The other day I was asking about what exhaust I should get and hands down everyone was flowmaster 40. I'm doing some looking right now on where to land one and I see a Flowmaster 50! Whats the difference, should I get that one instead? Is there even any difference between the two?
Thanks,
Chris

Akira said:
Hey all,

The other day I was asking about what exhaust I should get and hands down everyone was flowmaster 40. I'm doing some looking right now on where to land one and I see a Flowmaster 50! Whats the difference, should I get that one instead? Is there even any difference between the two?
Thanks,
Chris

flow master 50 is quite a bit quieter and mellow sounding compared to the 40 series. I'm sure it's more restictive as well. I run one one my rig and like it, its loud and burbely enough to let you know its there, but not obnoxious.
-Ryan
EDIT: I'm sure Matt has a video with my jeep in it he'd love to post up, you can almost here my 50 series over his filthy sailor mouth:shhh:

Last edited:
you can cook stuff on your rear passenger side floor with a 40

Don't get me wrong, I love a rugged sound just as much as the next guy, but something to keep in mind - you need to hear your spotter and people around you need to hear others as well. We all know Matt can't hear anybody while on the trail :) I run dual 40's on the tow rig and boring quiet exhaust on the trail rig. I vote 50s. I like to be different.

Megawatt said:
I'm running a 50. Sounds good, and a little quieter than Matt's Jeep!

lets hear it

All this talk about mufflers? We all know that Matt's Jeep is loud, I suspect it has much more to do with the fact that it is ALWAY's at High RPM and much less to do with the fact that it has a 40 series muffler :D

With all joking a side. These are strait 6's we are talking about and you wont get them to sound like a big, deep, V8.

Trust me, I like throaty, healthy sounding engines (you should hear my wife's Sub). But don't over analyze this to death. It is simple. If you want it loud, put on a 40, if you want to hear the radio or your spotter (Paul, VERY good point) then put on a 50.

Simple,
Michael

AMEN! Proof!
S5030335.jpg

Seriously? Your crap is loud when idling. I can't hear anyways, maybe it's me then.

*Also, I'd be a smart ass and pull the thread of Moab up with your rig on it's side and you or John saying you didn't listen to your spotter but I'm late for work. :D

mud1059 said:
Also, I'd be a smart ass and pull the thread of Moab up with your rig on it's side and you or John saying you didn't listen to your spotter but I'm late for work.
No the problem is that I did listen to my spotter. :D John took me up a little too high on the right side, resulting in said flop. I was the first rig to go up and recollections were a little rusty. Whatever, it made for some great pics. :)

-----Matt-----

mud1059 said:
*Also, I'd be a smart ass and pull the thread of Moab up with your rig on it's side and you or John saying you didn't listen to your spotter but I'm late for work. :D

That wasn't a listening issue.... he listened just fine to me telling him to do the wrong thing ;)

Back