• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Smittybilt XRC Seats

DaJudge

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Anyone know anything about these? Are they comfy? Quality?

Thanks!

PS - If anyone thinks this is not the correct thread for this feel free to move it!

Seems I've seen other threads asking about these seats, but came up zip on the search... Soooo...

I went to the local 4Wparts store and tested one myself. One of the managers was nice enough to ship one in for me to take a looksie.
2thumbsup.gif

Overall impression...nice seat. Good reclining system. Good wide/tall back, soft material, with just a "touch" of lumbar. For me, thats about where it ends. I'm 6'2" and not exactly skinny, so the bottom portion of the seat was too narrow for me!
icon6.gif
bummer, cause I really liked the seat.
twocents.gif

The frame rails, which are enclosed in foam and fabric, don't have any give to them, so my FAT butt would'nt fit all the way down into the seat. I was basically sitting on each side of the rails more or less, so I really could'nt tell how the suspention part of the seat worked/felt, but I would venture to say for a small or average person, it could be a great seat, and way less than a Mastercraft, which it looks very much like, with the 5 point system and all.
Without it being in the vehicle and just looking it over, it looked like it would not be too tall or sit up too high once installed as some of those cheepo seats are, and its supposed to be a bolt it accourding to the stats, but since I did'nt buy it, I can't confirm that.

That is not from me!!^^ Its from a thread on jeepsunlimited.com.
Also check out PRP, a lot of guys run them, and seem to love them. Just dont know if they have the reclinables out yet.

Motorvated said:
That is not from me!!^^ Its from a thread on jeepsunlimited.com.
Also check out PRP, a lot of guys run them, and seem to love them. Just dont know if they have the reclinables out yet.

Thanks for the feedback. I really want reclining seats (more importantly the wife really wants them). That is why I was asking about the XRCs.

Glen

I just got a set of these and they are waaaaaay comfy. They sat on the floor of my garage for a couple of weeks (with the plastic still on them) and everyone who came over sat in them and commented the same. The best part is the price!

kj139 said:
I just got a set of these and they are waaaaaay comfy. They sat on the floor of my garage for a couple of weeks (with the plastic still on them) and everyone who came over sat in them and commented the same. The best part is the price!

$249 each isn't bad for a reclining suspension seat.

Do these mount right to the XJ brackets or is there fabbing required?

Last edited:
No, they require some fabbing but it wasn't overly complicated. I called Smittybilt and they said they don;t have any brackets for the XJ but said the mastercraft brackets might work as the mounting holes are only 1/4" off from their seats.

Back