• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ceramic heat barrier

forcefed

NAXJA Forum User
my xj gets way to hot for me, and dont have a.c. i have been thinking about trying a ceramic powder additive to mix with paint (hammered finish) to keep the heat out, i would be painting interior and out,
i really havent been able to get any first hand info about it, ive looked for it in local stores, but ive only found it on ebay. which makes me skeptical, i figured some one here must have some info, or hopefully some experience, i really dont want to add 25 - 40 lbs. to my paint but it is alot lighter then all the insulation ive taken out. i also dont want to retain heat.

seems to me like finding an a/c system off of a junker would be waaayy easier/better off in the end. i know that's what i would do. but what do i know? i use my a/c compressor for OBA now.

well damn. have you ever thought of mixing in some type of ceramic powder additive in with some type of paint and spraying it on the exterior/interior. i think that'll be you best option at this point. :D i am now of no help to you, but was i ever? haha oh yeah, got pics?

i would like to run an a/c, but it wouldnt run off the engine. but even then i need insulation, or at least reflect radiant heat, especially at the fire wall and roof im going for the mostly full bodied weather proof truggy thingy. (SORRY CANT POST PICS). I went ahead and bought some from the company on ebay, called hytechsales.com i got what they say is enough for 2 gallons, and it was 33$ shiped from florida.
Im going to make test panels, record temps and other stuff and ill post results on this thread later. thanks

Back