• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1988 4.0L I6

Stone Dragon

NAXJA Forum User
1988 4.0L I6 Renix motor. Runs great. Hear it run. I bought this for my teenage son, but we have decided to go another way. So I will be parting this one. I am keeping some of the parts for the '89 project, and some for the buggy, but I am selling the motor....$500 obo Also have the AW4/NP242.

o.b.o.................................... I could sell the whole Jeep for $750, if someone is looking for a builder. It has the D30 non-disco/D35 w 355's, AW4, NP242....... all leather, power everything..... Haven't had time to start parting it. Ya see, either way it doesn't matter to me. I have 3 projects as it is....... Don't need this one. Anyway, it a good runner and could be a good trail rig for a little investment.

What exactly does it need to be on the road.. I know somone looking that needs a vehicle ASAP..

Dave

Its a 1988 4dr, 4x4, has a 4.0L I6, an AW4 4-speed auto, a np242 transfer case, a non-disconnect dana 30 front axle and a dana 35 rear with 355 gears. It runs good. The body is fair. It has new belt, hoses, radiator, brakes, tail lights, those gas shocks that hold up the rear hatch, and has been throughly gone through. It needs a fan shroud to cool it properly, and the guy I got it from said that it had cold AC, so the compressor works, but the system is disconnected due to replacing the radiator with a new one. The turn signals all light up, but they won't flash.... prob. a flash unit.....$6-$8 bucks....... the inside rearview mirrors' tab came off the windshield.......The tires have a few miles left on them, but really should be replaced sometime soon. Also it would be nice to paint it all the same color. It ain't no cady, but it is a $750 car, not sure what you think you get for $750 these days, but knowing Jeeps like I do....... I would give that for this one. I bought this for my teenage son, but he wants to drive my Jeep instead.......It looks cooler he says.... Kids..... It's like I said, I have 3 project cars now and just don't need another one. I am just looking to break even, so it is $750....cash.....firm!!!!!!!! Its a good Jeep, but does need some work. I have 2 other XJ's with the same drivetrain and it works great. This could be an awsome off roader.

As for the tranny, I am not going to part this one out untill the engine sells first.....(Which I am willing to take REASONABLE OFFERS on.) Otherwise I get stuck with a half parted XJ in my yard for the next year..... and that ain;t gonna happen. But if I sell the engine I will give you 1st dibs. Thanks!

Here are some pics!

HPIM1588_004.jpg

HPIM1588_005.jpg

HPIM1588_006.jpg

I do have it admit..... It does need paint:D

man, if it werz a 2 door, I would be all over it!!!!!

:gee:

Stone Dragon said:
Sold!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to all who looked and/or responded!!!!!!!!!

Was it an existing member that bought it, or maybe a new member in training???

Congrats on the fast sell!!

Back