• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which harness for a Peugeot to AW4 swap?

Wounded XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I’m swapping out a Peugeot 5speed for an AW4. I have most of an 88 wiring harness for an AW4, but I have an 89. They made some changes in the harness between those years. In 89 the harness was split at the fuel rail and than ran into the firewall if you are following the harness from passenger to driver. The 88 harness ran past the fuel rail split at the firewall. The harness then had a large connector, located above the brake booster. From the connector it runs back to the fuel rail. From what I have looked at this is the only part that looks different, but I may have missed something. The part I’m missing is the section from the connector to the fuel rail. I’m going to attempt to find a harness at a local pick and pull and thought it would be easier just get the part I’m missing out of the 88 harness rather than pull the whole 89/90 harness. Would the 88 harness be a plug in and go swap from my 89 harness or do I need to find a harness out of an 89/90.

Did this swap a few years back on my 89. I used an 88 harness and just pulled out the wiring I needed and grafted it in to my 89 harness. I soldered and heat shrinked every connection I made.

XJEEPER said:
Did this swap a few years back on my 89. I used an 88 harness and just pulled out the wiring I needed and grafted it in to my 89 harness. I soldered and heat shrinked every connection I made.

What wires had to be grafted in? Was it just the fuel rail or was there more?

Back