• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

winch

alek

NAXJA Forum User
well, i'm currently trying to find a good winch to mount on my front bumper. maybe somewhere in the length of... 30-50ft. does anyone have any suggestions on what may be good? thanks.

alek said:
well, i'm currently trying to find a good winch to mount on my front bumper. maybe somewhere in the length of... 30-50ft. does anyone have any suggestions on what may be good? thanks.
You're going to want at least 100 ft of cable/winch line. Warns are hard to beat, something in the 9000lbs capicity seems to be a good match for Cherokees.

How much are you looking to spend. There are LOTS of options out there. If you narrowed your parameters down a little bit (what you're going to use it for specifically) we could probably point you in a good direction.

-----Matt-----

Warn M8000. 80 ft of 5/16ths cable and they can be had for near 600 still.

right now i think you can get a warn m8000 from 4wd.com for about 530 shipped with 100 feet of 5/16 cable and a roller fairlead

alek said:

"30-50ft" ????
It sounds like you are looking at ATV winches. You do realize that you need a winch rated for 6000lbs, very minimum, right? Preferably 8000 to 9000lbs.
And theres more to it than just "mounting it to the bumper". Its got to have a proper mounting point that is attached to the frame in several places. The stock bumper mounting points are just not adequate.
If Im off base on this a apologize, but it sounds like you need to do some research to determine what you are getting into.
To answer your question, Warn is generally considered the top of the heap but there are several other brands that will work fine for years, depending on how much you want to spend and your needs.

Back