• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Caster Spacers

Wow! You're even more impatient than me.

There are shims for the lower control arms. They bolt to the back of the frame side mount with 2 little bolts. You don't get much adjustment out of them though.

I'm pretty sure this isn't Mod Tech also.

passxj said:

There are shims for the lower control arms. They bolt to the back of the frame side mount with 2 little bolts. You don't get much adjustment out of them though.

Impatient? I posted last night and didn't have any replies until now and yeah its not mod tech I didnt mean to post it in here. Sorry, but i wanted to know how many spacers are in that setup from the factory.

passxj said:

x2, that's about it as far as "stock" adjustment. I believe there is only 1 shim in the factory adjustment. There is not too much more room to do anything else, you could get maybe 1-1.5 more degrees. However, if you are using aftermarket control arms, shortening/lengthening them is where you get your caster adjustment from....in case you didn't realize that.

lowrange2 said:
Impatient? I posted last night and didn't have any replies until now and yeah its not mod tech I didnt mean to post it in here. Sorry, but i wanted to know how many spacers are in that setup from the factory.

awwwww, I'm sorry that the free tech support wasn't fast enough for you.

and how many depends on what the castor was from the factory. You can't just put in what someone else has on their Jeep, yours might be tweaked and need a different amount.

Get out the angle finder and do it right, or take it for an alignment.

As I recall, the LCA mount at the frame has a slot to allow the LCA mount bolt to slide front/rear. This is the limit of the factory adjustment. Remove the nut from that bolt and see if there's any room left to move the internal mount forward (increase castor). If there is, you can add however many shims there is space for.

Be aware that this also changes the drive shaft angle. The more caster you add the worse the driveshaft angles get. You may have to find a compromise between the two.

lowrange2 said:

My '87 had no spacer on one side, and like 6 on the other side, OEM.

cal said:
My '87 had no spacer on one side, and like 6 on the other side, OEM.
mine is similar, at 4" of lift, one on the drivers side, 4 on the passenger side.

stoneattic said:
How did you know to adjust them to different lengths? Did you measure from the rear axle centerline?
angle finder on the knuckles, caster needs to be the same on each side.

Back