• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ford coils.....just a question

Da_twit_83

NAXJA Forum User
i'm sure some one will complain that some one has already been through this but i cant find it any where. I plan on doing the bastard pack to the rear and i am gonna use ford 2" inch leveling coils in the front but do i need to mods the coils at all or will the just goin in with some encoragement?

i have those 2" inch leveling coils in in garage already from a past rig, so i'm just gonna use them...... i know it will ride rough thats ok with me

From what i've found it's supposed to be 2wd coils. I tried to do some research on WJ coils and the TRW catalog lists them as the same part # as stock xj's even when asking for the v8 option. I also looked at Ford E150 econoline coils which have a lower spring rate but greater load rating. hope this gives some help.!!!1

XJ Jammer said:
I tried to do some research on WJ coils and the TRW catalog lists them as the same part # as stock xj's even when asking for the v8 option.

It's ZJ V8 coils, not WJ. The ones that give the most lift are ZJ V8 Upcountry package. IIRC there are progressive rate coils.

Check out this thread, it has pics comparing the F150, XJ, and even T-bird. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=913554&highlight=f150+coils+t-bird+zj+v8

And to answer the original posters question, they should go right in. It will be very stiff, especially if they are 2" leveling coils. You may get about 4" from them, but I'd imagine they would be stiffer than the regular F150 coils so it will flex like a shopping cart!

i used f150 coils and got close to i think. cant rememeber the exact ones i used but there are two different f150 coil lengths that i found. I used the taller one!

still not tall enough..

i work at a salvage yard but we dont have much of any jeep parts i keep tellin the boss to buy some but we have a ton of 70's fords so thats why i wanted to know what i needed........sux that my 2inch leveling coils are for a 4x4, we just got a t-bird in i might check it out and see what it has on it

Back