• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upper Control Arm Bushing

EMSJEEP

NAXJA Forum User
It appears that the upper control arm bushings, unibody side, have crushed under the weight, elongating the bushings to one side. Does this mean that I need adjustables? Shouldn't these busings hold the axel at whatever angle I need to maintain a particular pinion angle, without being damaged? I have the drop brackets installed. It seems that the weight of the axel has put enough pressure on the bushing against the bolt to stretch it. Should I simply replace or get adjustables...can I just do upper adjustables or do I need to do lowers to match? Thanks.

i don't know why there would be that much stress on the UCA frame end unless your LCAs are way too long... but then your caster angle would be horrible. Send some pics... How old is the bushing? I'm about to install drop brackets myself so ill let you know what kind of outcome i have with fixed UCA and LCAs (Rusty's).

RE fixed uppers and lowers came together in a kit with the lift, so they should be at or about the propper length for the lift...one would think...I'll work on pictures. They are about 1500miles old, or about a month.

Sounds like they were loose maybe. The force of them moving back and forth mammered one side down. I suggest getting some heavy duty steel inner bushing inserts and gorilla torqueing the mount bolts.

Back