• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Two more Cheap Jeeps for your experianced review.

TLowery04

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, heres the skinny, I am once again looking at two jeeps, my goal is to buy a jeep that needs minimal work put into it, so that I can romp it around the woods here in flagstaff when I go camping.

here are the two candidates that are up on the block at the moment, I would appreciate any input you have.

1) 1987 Cherokee --- 4 door
Fuel injected 4.0

" This Jeep is in running/driving condition.Oilpan,brakebooster and A/C leak.Everything else ok,lots of new parts."

"how well does this truck run? Runs good but leaks oil onto the exhaust manifold.

how is the glass? The windshield is cracked

the interior? Stained, it's old

the body? Some dings and dents, none major.

are there any pictures?The only one I have right now is attached, may be
more availble later

does the 4x4 work?Yes, works good.

would the truck make it to flagstaff or would it need to be towed? Well that
would be up to you beacuse it does leak oil so it smokes a bit while your driving it, besides that it would make it.

what color is it? Tan

does it have any after market modifications? (lift, bumpers, etc.)no

automatic or standard transmission?automatic

how well has this vehicle been maintained?Well we've only had it for about 3 years so it has been pretty well maintained during that time, not sure about before us!!"

2) 1990 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 --- 2 door
----1990 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer 4x4
----207k miles and counting on 4.0L I6
----Strong AW4 transmission
----Np231 Command-trac transfer case
----Great trailrunner
The Good:
----3.5" Lift
----Magnaflow exhaust
----K & N Intake filter
----JKS quicker disconnects
----2-way alarm system with remote starter
----Cobra CB radio
----Interior is very clean
----Front wheelwells have been shaved for articulation.
----Clean title
The Bad:
----Dana35 has eaten the spider gears
----Body is a little rough.
----Dent on the driver's door.
----Windshield has a crack in the passenger side.
----No longer includes the pictured wheels, i have thrown a couple of oddball wheels on it for rolling it around.

both vehicles need work, #1 is listed at $500, #2 at 700 but have negotiated to 450.

both have pictures but are very distant, and non detailed trail riding pics.
(basically looks like a white cherokee going up a hill in both pictures,

thoughts and opinions?

Thanks all in advance for helping me find a trail rig!

Trent

cant afford it... working for 6.75 an hour and funding one habit at a time. right now its jeeps.

Dude i know how that is.. even working at 8.80 part time still dont make enough money for a lift kit and sye and new rims and tires and get my jet ski fixed.. :(

yeah a lift would seriously set me back. wish i could just go with a 6 off the bat, but more than likely ill get a 3-3.5

Trent

i'd go with #2, and pick up a new axle off a junkyard jeep and i think you would be all set, dont worry about cosmetics, if its going to be a trail rig its going to get battle wounds anyways. then just save up for some good 31's. so long as the engine has no problems

Back