• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle yokes

POLAR_JEEP_04

NAXJA Forum User
can a axle yoke "ware out"? i have had 3 dirrfent u joints (spicer, brute force, and carquest brand) u joints in my yokes and the dont fit right they are loose i had to take my front drive shaft out and put a make shift shim in my rear yoke (sheet metal) i replace the straps with no luck and besides replaceing the yokes ($80.00 a pice) im out of ideas... please help!

bad yokes

if your talking the wheel axle joint..look to see if the cap is spinning in the yoke or your ears are spread apart then yes its bad. if your talking the pinion yoke look at the centering tabs on the inside.where the caps sit...put a joint in there if theres play the the yoke is bad...there will be worn edges on the centering tabs..hope that helps

hey polar, if you do end up having a bad yoke, let me know. I have a few extras at the moment...cheap!

yeah its the pinion yoke both front and rear. XJ&TJ4ME do you have good ones for a dana 30 & 8.25? if so can you see if a ujoint fits snug in them and let me know what cheap is shipped to 43232? THANKS!!!

Back