• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

APN Header guys question....

9t3country

NAXJA Forum User
mine just arrived in the mail -it's going to be fun.....anyway, did you guys use the gasket that came with it, or did you pick up one from the stealership? (sorry, but I couldn't find this in a search)

x2 on using the one that came with. no probs with it so far. and yeah its a fun install

Frank Z said:
I used the stuff that came with the header, so far no issues.

Ditto. No issues at all.

Hale

thanks guys - I'm going to go with it then....also, what side of the gasket faces the engine (one side has bigger steel ridges), & did you use any gasket product with it? - thanks again

I put the bigger ridges toward the head. I also used spray-on copper gasket sealant (Permatex, I think). Don't know if I needed it, but all is well, so far.

If your're going to leave the rest of your exhaust hooked up (from the downpipe back), put the donut gasket on the header first. It was hard to push the downpipe out of the way, and then try to pound on the donut after the install.

Steve

Back