• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dash light fuse keeps blowing

Fehron

NAXJA Forum User
I have replaced the fuse for the dash illumination twice now, I still have indicator lights just nothing for seeing fuel, speed, and such. It doesn't always happen but eventually it will blow the fuse. I am told that it could be the head light switch shorting out. Before I replace the switch, does anybody have any other suggestions.
thanks

I kept blowing a fuse and my problem ended up being from the aftermarket deck i put in. There is a wire in the circuit that goes to the factory head unit and i didnt use it for the aftermarket one so it was just laying there and it would touch the metal on the back of the deck and short out and pop the fuse. Might be your problem...

I had the same thing happening to me before and it was the headlight switch. The resistor that's part of the dimmer will go over time, and that will cause the fuse to blow.

I don't have a tow package but I do have an aftermarket stereo.
I'll check it before I replace the headlight switch.
thanks guys

Back