• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep XJ SUT Conversion

bulldugg

NAXJA Forum User
I've seen a few SUT conversions on the forums. I want to know if this is a production conversion package the a company makes. If not, does anyone know the measurements and mod procedure for doing this. I have a 87 that I want to do this to. THx for any help you can give.

bulldugg said:
I've seen a few SUT conversions on the forums. I want to know if this is a production conversion package the a company makes.

Nope - sawzall and welding time.

If not, does anyone know the measurements and mod procedure for doing this. I have a 87 that I want to do this to. THx for any help you can give.

Search for 'cheromanche' - that's the usual term describing said conversion. Also check out XJDB for the same.

bulldugg said:
If not, does anyone know the measurements and mod procedure for doing this.

4.5" Cutoff wheel
6" Sawzall blade
1.5x.120 tube
110V welder.

I may come across as a jerk, but it's my opinion that this is the kind of project where you need to have a pretty good idea of what you need to do before asking about it. Please feel free to ask specific questions, like, do I need a 220V welder or is a 110 ok?

My directions are little better....

1. Drink
2. Embrace your inner Sawzall
3. CAGE
4. stand back and think "what the heck did I do!"

As said above....feel free to ask specific questions and I will try to help.

Rev

Back