• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC 4.5" lift kit

Jeepguy91

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Just wondering what everyone thought about the rough country 4.5" lift. I am on a budget and didn't know if this was a good kit to get or not. I know that RE kits are alot better but i am not that rich. Just wondering how this kit performs and everything.

Thanks,
Ben

whats your budget?

lancey3 said:
whats your budget?

That really is a crucial question. Just as crucial as "What type of wheeling are you building it for?" & "How good are you with hand tools?".

That being said, shop around. Often you will getter better prices if you use the phone, not just the internet (It's just a series of tubes really...).

One other good thing to know, a LOT of the major vendors offer a discount if you are a member of a four wheel drive club, I know that rough Country has a rep here at NAXJA, and members get 10% off, easily paying for your membership several times. Even if you are in just a local club, check and see if any of the local buisnesses (Or if a lift manufacturer had a local shop....) will give you a discount. They often will, seeing as how they can either save on shipping parts across the country or by removing the middle man.

Actually I was just reading two different threads about Rough Country, do a search, they should show up. Try looking for "RC" as well.

Whatever you do, just eat a lot of macaroni and cheese for a month so you can get real leaf springs, not add-a-leaf's.

And I can't stress how important it is to actually talk to the vendors personally. By phone is best, but E-Mail is still better than just picking stuff from a catalogue or a website. Sometimes new and/or improved versions of parts don't make it into the current catalogue or webpage, but if you call, they will tell you. Or inform you that a new (and hopefully) better product is about to be released if you can just wait for another month.

Back