• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sweet cooling upgrades....

scorpio_vette

NAXJA Forum User
i just saw this on the flex-a-lite website and it looks freaking sweet.
http://www.4x4review.com/products/drive_train/FlexAFit.asp

i also saw this radiator mist system on the hayden website and was wondering what some of you thought???
after searching google for quite a while i can't seem to find that many system like that out there. aparently the idea has been used on heavy duty work equipment in some places but is still a "newish" idea on cars. what do you think???
http://www.haydenauto.com/new-products/radiator-mist-system.htm

I have seen the mister some Pikes Peaks cars on TV and other dirt racing appliations.

I have even seen simular over at the Sand Dunes using a washer bottle/pump to spritz the Rad with some water.

I did that the other day when the DD honda overheated.

windshield washer fluid works wonders to cool a radiator, all that alcohol evaps fast, and drops the temp considerably. I've also seen alcohol sprays on intercoolers at the drag track.

I wouldn't want it to be a necessary part of my cooling system, but it might be nice for long hill climbs on really hot days.

do you have hard water where you live? If you do it will screw up the rad, plugs so air can't flow throw it.. Old hat in desert, but they used ice in the old days

scottmcneal said:
do you have hard water where you live? If you do it will screw up the rad, plugs so air can't flow throw it.. Old hat in desert, but they used ice in the old days

You shouldn't run tap water in your radiator anyway - spend a couple of bucks at the grocery store and buy distilled water...

Misting the radiator is an old trick - just don't use tap water (use distilled or R/O filtered.) Cut with denatured alcohol for greater effect. I've seen this done with charge air coolers and with radiators, and it does work well.

I've even setup cryo CO2 on charge air coolers for bracket racers and amateur drag racers - something about blowing in 20psig at 15-20* below ambient temperature really helped there...

Back