• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no speedo/tach

For the speedometer at least, check the connection on the transfer case... I accidentally left mine unhooked and went for a spin and noticed I was going 0 mph.

i knocked the connection on my transfercase out when my drive shaft came unbolted (long story but for short forgot locktite:looser: ) and lost both speedo and odometer but still had the tach the only thing i could think is maybe your gages went bad

UPDATE: decided to take it on the interstate today to see how it handled,'cause it sucks on secondary roads.
I doubt if I have had it over 45mph before this because of the speedo. (just put this on the road the other day). I got up to what I figure was about 55mph. Traffic was passing me but not by a lot. I noticed that speedo needle was over by the 85mph, when I got off the ramp it dropped back just below the 5mph, I had a good stretch of road so I brought the speed back up....and watched the needle go backwards towards 85mph. Any thoughts. Had no affect on the tach.

The tack is electrical off the coil. The speedo uses a gear in the transfercase. The speedo turning backwards!!?? My first thought is a broken cable. This would cause wind up, meaning the cable is turning but builds up resitance like a spring and eventually releases. This causes all kinds of speedo problem.

Back