• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 W/Drums...E-Brake Cable Hook Up???

sjd78

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so last night I finally got my D44 rear axle swapped in and swapped out my C8.25 rear axle. The only problem I am having is the e-brake cables on the D44 are the same length on both sides which means that the drivers is too long and the passengers is too short. So my question is, will the C8.25 e-brake cables swap onto the D44 or is their any other solutions people have found for this issue?

Thanks
Sean....

Your stock ones will mate up to the e-brake bracket in the D44 drum. I just did this last friday! I have my stock e-brake bracketry relocated and the stock cables are plenty long enough.

yellowta said:
Your stock ones will mate up to the e-brake bracket in the D44 drum. I just did this last friday! I have my stock e-brake bracketry relocated and the stock cables are plenty long enough.

This is what I needed to know, did you have a C8.25 that you swapped out as well?

Yes, I have my C8.25 with 4.10's for sale now if you know anybody! Yours sounds like the same set up as mine. Those cables are a pain, but with some vise grips and a pair of pliers you can pull the spring back enough to get the cable on the bracket.

yellowta said:
Yes, I have my C8.25 with 4.10's for sale now if you know anybody! Yours sounds like the same set up as mine. Those cables are a pain, but with some vise grips and a pair of pliers you can pull the spring back enough to get the cable on the bracket.

Thanks for the info man I appreciate it! Unfortunately I dont know of anyone who needs a C8.25 axle right now but if they do I will have one for sale too lol! :D

Just a question do either of you guys have a SYE cause I have a 44 sittin in my driveway but am holding off on putting it in because the pinion side is a little longer and I don't want to get any vibes. My 8.25 need brakes and a axle seal so I wanna get this thing in. I also have gears sitting around but the price to put them in seems very steep here in NJ Thanks for the help

krelja said:
Just a question do either of you guys have a SYE cause I have a 44 sittin in my driveway but am holding off on putting it in because the pinion side is a little longer and I don't want to get any vibes. My 8.25 need brakes and a axle seal so I wanna get this thing in. I also have gears sitting around but the price to put them in seems very steep here in NJ Thanks for the help

Yes, I have an SYE and CV drive shaft on mine. So far from what I can tell I think that the drive shaft length will be fine on mine even though the D44 has a longer center section. I would wait if I were you to install the D44 untill you can buy an SYE and CV drive shaft.

Back