• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trans Tune

canadian_xj

NAXJA Forum User
Has anybody tried the Trans Tune by Seafoam? I need to change the tras fluid soon and was just wondering if it might help clean it out. I don't think the fluid has been changed in quite awhile. Starting to get shift issues.

I just dumped a can of Seafoam motor treatment into my oil today before I changed it and the crap that came out was crazy! Hope that helped the poor girl out.

sea foam is good stuff. i used the trans tune on a nissan i had that stopped shifting, and it perked right back up... its supposed to remove some of the varnish from old, burnt up fluid.... i would put it in with your old fluid, run it for awhile, then change it out, let it break up all the crap in there and take it out with the old fluid.

just my 2¢

Just like Mr.Jeremy here I've had good results with a few trans additives in the past - When my ole Ford Exploder's trans died at 111k with regular maintenance (furious black smoke, no 2nd... wtf?) I ran the Lucas additive and it worked good for over a year...

Its good, I dont know if any of the Later aw4's had drain plugs but after you put that stuff in dont use it drop the pan and replace the filter too

How long after adding it should I drop the pan to change the fluid and filter? Is it possible the loose crap can clog anything? Thanks for the replies....Kris

Yea if the transmission has alot of gunk in it it could clogg some stuff. I would only run it about 25 -50 miles.

1985xjlaredo said:
Its good, I dont know if any of the Later aw4's had drain plugs but after you put that stuff in dont use it drop the pan and replace the filter too

What filter? all it has is a metal screen..as long as it isn't damaged, clean it off and reuse it....

Justin

Back