• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question for Those Running RockKrawler Trackbar

ROBZ95Xj

NAXJA Forum User
i got mine set at the lenth for 4.5" lift but it has 3/4" thread exposed past the jamnut, is this safe? those runnin the rk trackbar how much thread do you have showing?

My Rusty's track bar with a 6.5 inch spring is threaded all the way in. Tha axle is centered. Im not sure why its all the way in. It seems to me like tha trackber would be too long if the lift was any shorter. But i have heard a lot of people saying that the joint would snap off at the threads on the rusty's TBs so i guess im glad its threaded all the way in. to answer your question... i guess it all depends on the quality of your TB. Sorry for being of no help only babbling.

I'm guessing that's the shorter trackbar. I have the longer one at 7" of lift and it won't go any shorter. I think 3/4" past the jamb nut may be a little dangerous. Unthread it all the way and see how long they are. If it's 2" long, you're probably good. If it's 1 1/2" long......maybe not.

IIRC you're supposed to have 3/4" of engagement at least.(per the instructions)

family TJ said:
What axle do you have? And do you have the drop bracket? That all plays a part.
D30 and i do have the drop bracket

i took the hiem out, it only gots 5/8 of engaged thread, any sugestions?

rufus_1111 said:
since you have the drop bracket way dont you take it off and put the TB in the original spot. that should help. (maybe).
that wont work, the drop braket is needed and is a hell of alot stronger than the stock setup

anyways i think part of my problem is that im still on stock arms at 5", wich has pulled the frt axle back a bit, im hopin once i get my clayton arms in im hopin it will fix the problem

Back