• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chrysler 9.25"

POSJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just picked up a Dodge 9.25" rear axle for $25. I haven't heard much about these but it seems a lot more stout than a D44. I am planning on building another rig and was thinking that this could be an awesome rear axle under a Comanche. What are the draw backs? Does anybody run one? Thanks in advance, I searched for "9.25", "9 1/4", "Chrysler Axles" and didn't get anything which doesn't seem promising.

Tyler-

So it can be locked and ran with 4.56's. If I found a Comanche with an AX15 would 4.56's be good enough with 35's? I found a site a minute ago that offered 4.88's but you had to buy the set of 9.25" and front D44 gears as a combo not seperate. I was going to try for 37's but thats getting a little steep and would lose a lot of power...

So now I just need to find a matching D44 front housing to run 4.88's. CanMan I've got 4.56's on 33's aswell and sometimes I wish they were 4.88's so I know what you are saying.

Here is the link to 4wd parts. Only thing is, it doesn't include the higher numerical carrier since stock is 3.55 I don't know what the break is on a 9.25".
http://www.4wheelparts.com/PPT6066T100679.aspx

POSJ said:
So now I just need to find a matching D44 front housing to run 4.88's. Can I've got 4.56's on 33's aswell and sometimes I wish they were 4.88's so I know what you are saying.

Here is the link to 4wd parts. Only thing is, it doesn't include the higher numerical carrier since stock is 3.55 I don't know what the break is on a 9.25".
http://www.4wheelparts.com/PPT6066T100679.aspx

There is no carrier break. I believe 4WP webpage is incorrect. 4.56 is the lowest, like the 8.25.

Alright cool, I'll look into it and see if it will be worth it. I'll keep you guys up to date, still need to find the truck.

Back