• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suggestions for new Air Impact Wrench?

Redsnake

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have a Porter-Cable Impact wrench that I've had for about 2 years. Never really been too impressed w/it and I thought I was getting a pretty nice wrench.

Not looking for something really poor quality. Seems like when you skimp on price for tools you get what you pay for.

I'm looking to keep price in or near the $100 - $150 range... give or take. Any brands to check out or avoid? Who has the best prices?

Appreciate the advice.

Ingersol-Rand......IR-244, or the IR232 thunder gun(has ugly yellow cover) both work really well, have more power than you will ever need, and you will never have to buy a new one. you can find them for around $170, it's a little higher than your range, but well worth it...I would go for the 232, it's the same model MAC, Matco, and Cornwell sell for double the price with thier name on it.

Justin

Justin

Blue Point(SnapOn), although not for $100-$150.

kid4lyf said:
Blue Point(SnapOn), although not for $100-$150.

The bluePoint gun is now made overseas(If you care). Have to get the one that has "snap-on" on it to get U.S. made. I have a MAC gun now. When it dies I will replace it with the aircat.

David Taylor said:
The bluePoint gun is now made overseas(If you care). Have to get the one that has "snap-on" on it to get U.S. made. I have a MAC gun now. When it dies I will replace it with the aircat.
You're right. I just blurted out Blue Point without thinking. My last two guns (1/2" and 3/4") have actually been SnapOns.

Those Air cat's don't hold up as well as an IR does. They seem to last about a year in everyday use. My local MAC guy sold the air cat, and was constantly returning them. For the at home guy it will work good. I buy IR for a reason, Because they take serious beating, and they last forever.

Justin

xjjeeper19 said:
Those Air cat's don't hold up as well as an IR does. They seem to last about a year in everyday use. My local MAC guy sold the air cat, and was constantly returning them. For the at home guy it will work good. I buy IR for a reason, Because they take serious beating, and they last forever.

Justin
well Ive had mine for about 3 years now and saw almost exclusivly industrial use every day and it still works awsome. only one Ive seen fail was a dumbass who kept leaving it in the dirt and didnt oil it till it stoped working

Back