• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which WINCH Bumper?

barillms

NAXJA Forum User
Ok ok, this sucks. There are 47 million choices for winch bumpers.
Some of them are giant monstrosities... I don't like that.

I'm an east coast woods guy, not a rockcrawler.
I'm looking for a good approach angle, light weight, and looks.

So far I've seen:

Rigid Co.
Four Real
OR-Fab
Nates 4x4
AJs Offroad Armor
Proto Fab
Custom 4x4 Fab
Olympic
One on Ebay!!

Dude, I think I like the friggin' EBAY on the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like the RIGID one too.

Been told if you talk to AJ, he can fab one up for you to suit your needs....

Rigid Co.
and let me tell you why.

It's one of the best "bolt ons" on my rig. Wasn't to bad of a install at all. Came with frame side plate stiffeners. The bumper has some great approtch angles for a winch bumper. The winch sets low in the bumper also so it doesn't block your radiator to much. Strong as all get out. I have hit plently of stuff and just rattle can the paint back on. Get attachment points also. I have winched full size rigs barried in mud and blocked the cable back to the d-ring attachment point....STONG BUMPER GREAT PRICE

I could not be any happier then I am with the Rigid Co. bumper.

Very pleased with my detours backbone, does not at all hamper my approach angle and you have two recovery points,and a steering box frame brace. My brother hit me head on,the thing didn't move, neither did his xj without a rad and coolant!

Georgia Mike said:
I bought one from Logan's Metals on eBay. $375 shipped. Plenty strong and loads of clearance!
I got my from Logan's Metal and have been very pleased. Great price, great workmanship, and the fit was perfect.
DSCF0052.jpg

Loose-nuts 4x4

2728352430051291678S600x600Q85.jpg

2363350110051291678S600x600Q85.jpg

karstic said:
Yeah, way to support a NAXJA member and sponsor

Representin' Loose-nuts over here on the east coast. I get alot of compliments on this bumper. Beefy as here and withstood an front end collision with an explorer...........as you can see no damage.

X2 on the Hanson. I am extremely happy with the quality of mine and I am always getting compliments on how good it looks. They are a little more expensive than some of the other bumpers out there but I think the quality justifies the price.

Back