• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AAL Ride

NateST

NAXJA Forum User
I was thinking about buying a RE 6020 with AAL Before school and then getting full packs next year as I have to buy a computer as well. The only concern I have is the driveability, I heard AAL's were quite harsh but since I was buying full srings next spring or summer would it be to terrible for one season? I know that RE makes very good products so it may be not as bad as som epeople say from different kits.

I ran Skyjacker AALs for 5 years. They were a little stiff, but not bad. Now I run stock S-10 packs with an extra S-10 leaf added in as well and it rides great. Just make sure you get a full-length AAL. But why buy twice if you're planning on full packs later on anyways. :creditcard: ;)

The ride of that kit with the full-length AAL isn't harsh at all. If I have tools and parts in the Jeep, it is really an almost factory ride.

Maybe I'll just grab some shackles, poly spacers and helper springs for like 180 or so just for a couple inches i'd rather just do the whole thing but i need to have money for college

my re 4.5 with aal rides great for what i do

NateST said:
Maybe I'll just grab some shackles, poly spacers and helper springs for like 180 or so just for a couple inches i'd rather just do the whole thing but i need to have money for college

If you are planning on throwing helper springs in, do you really care about the ride????? Helper springs are going to be 10x rough riding.

Back