• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WHY WOULD THIS RUB????

kenny schmitt

NAXJA Forum User
I did a 5.5 RE on my 96 XJ It rides great and had almost no kinks to work out but here is one thing i noticed. My sway bar disconect rubs ond a ball joint when i turn the wheel. The place where the passenger side tie rod meats the rod going up to the pitmann arm. What could cause this and how could it be fixed im thinkin of redoing the sway bar baracket. I dont think it happens all the time but i hear it when it does and i have seen it hitting wheil a friend turns the wheel. Yes i did tyhe sway bar drop bracket

Take a picture of your set up if you can. Are you sure the Axle is centered?

You moved the swaybar mount down and forward with the drop bracket, right? You wouldn't be the first person who had flipped it around...

Jim www.yuccaman.com

He was trying to say that the passenger side tie rod tre is hitting the sway bar link on the axle.
Cut a V notch in it and move it back towards the rear,thats what I did!

Same setup on mine and i had the same problem, I called Rubicon Express and their fix for this is to torch or cut the lower sway bar mount and bend it up and re weld it. I just used a die grinder and moved about an 1/8 in of metal, its close but it doesnt rub. Cutting and moving would probably be better as my disconnects just have a pin through it bent, the round outside part is gone and I dont think it would fit w/o hitting.

Back