• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another BS bendix ABS thread....

canadian_xj

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I was just wondering.

I have a '91 with the shit abs in it and want to convert to the WJ mc/bb. Do I need to change the pedal to a non-abs or can I just use the orginal?

Thanks in advance.....!!!1

Short story...

I have a 90 XJ and it came with the Bendix 9 ABS. I used a master cylinder from a 97 ZJ and brake booster from a 96 XJ, that is ALL. I had to run a few new brake lines so be prepared for that. Also I had to enlarge the hole in the booster rod to accept the Renix brake light switch.

Thanks for the reply.....So I can keep my brake pedal........ That makes me feel better. The only thing i'm kinda worried about IS making the new brake lines. Is it possible to reuse some of them or do all 4 need to be bent and reflared?

I think the issue is that the nuts have different threads? I have a 97 booster/master ready to go into my MJ. Just have not had the time.

Back