• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick 8.8 Question

MongoXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So I have a line on a Ford 8.8 Rear Axle for $75. It is out of a 94 Explorer which means it won't have Disc Breaks. I know it should have everything else I wan't, but I read somewhere that the 94 8.8 had disc breaks as an option and I should be able to bolt them right on. Its a great deal on the Axle but I want to make sure im not gonna spend a ton of money doing a disc break conversion on it.

keep the drums, they're bigger than your XJ drums anyway.
disc brake calipers are horridly expensive if you don't have ones to turn in as cores.

like $75 a side.

MongoXJ said:
So I have a line on a Ford 8.8 Rear Axle for $75. It is out of a 94 Explorer which means it won't have Disc Breaks. I know it should have everything else I wan't, but I read somewhere that the 94 8.8 had disc breaks as an option and I should be able to bolt them right on. Its a great deal on the Axle but I want to make sure im not gonna spend a ton of money doing a disc break conversion on it.

Fuggit.
Keep the drums.

Werks for me.

Hale

i just picked up a ford 8.8" with discs, but the problem is that the backing plate is bent, there are no calipers, pads, or rotors

where can i find a complete set??

srry for the off topic reply

Fine with me, I think may let this one slip by, simply because I am a ways off of doing the swap since i need gears and lockers and shafts for the D30 and gears and locker for the 8.8 and I just dont have anywhere to store an 8.8 axle in my appartment :p If anyone in the San Diego area wants ill get you in touch.

Back