• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.75" LIFT NOT QUITE ENOUGH

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, Currently running a procomp 3" kit on my 89 xj , with 1/3/4 in poly spacers up front, a full main leaf in the back and a 3 " block (cough cough). I have a sye kit installed,front adjustable arms and re track bar. I need to go a little higher to comfortably fit my 33's without trimming. Will I get want I want out of the re 5.5 coils and springs? I'm looking for a couple inches.
It will set me back about $750 cnd, any other good ways to get what I want?
Thanks, I know these individual questions are annoying,sorry

oh yeah I'm pretty sure it has sagged some! I have a winch and backbone on the front and often haul a dirtbike with a hitch mount mx hauler

Last edited:
what wheels are you running?
33's shouldnt be an issue at that height

4" backspaced crawlers,
there is no issue in the rear, lots of room, but the front fenders often catch and get pulled in the wheel well

I love the flex, I can tuck the wheels awesome when crawling and no rub, but say on a dirt road and with a little speed and a bump and I suck the front of my fenders in.
how do you get 37's on a 4 inch lift???

bcmaxx said:
I love the flex, I can tuck the wheels awesome when crawling and no rub, but say on a dirt road and with a little speed and a bump and I suck the front of my fenders in.
how do you get 37's on a 4 inch lift???

lift height does not = flex

you trim and bumpstop accordingly

okay so trim away, I think I can zip cut the front of the fenders even with bottom of the marker lamp, what do you do at the back of the fender where the tire hits the pinch seem?
(where the fender meets the rocker??) Itonly hits when turning on uneven ground

sounds like your front axle is back a bit far, how adjusted are your adjustable arms?

I am not sure what the measurement is but I printed a sheet of here and gave it to my alignment guys to take care of.

just trim

bcmaxx said:
okay so trim away, I think I can zip cut the front of the fenders even with bottom of the marker lamp, what do you do at the back of the fender where the tire hits the pinch seem?
(where the fender meets the rocker??) Itonly hits when turning on uneven ground

Fold the seam with a BFH.

Back