• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ idling problem

landscaper

NAXJA Forum User
When jeep is idling It runs rough and the vaccum coming from the throttle body to the air filter is very loud and not normal. driving down the road it does find. I cleaned the PCV valve and there is very little vaccum that comes through it. Any Ideas? No codes come up.

Idle air controller. It's basically a electrical/mechanical valve that controls the amount of air that enters the engine when the throttle is closed.

If you look on the passenger side of the throttle body, you will see a buldge with a black part on the rear of it. It has two torx bolts holding it in.

But I wouldn't just clean/lube that. Just take off the entire throttle body and clean everything. I use kitchen soap because its good at getting the carbon off with a toothbrush. You can use carburettor cleaner if you want, just make sure its 02 sensor safe.

Also, be VERY careful when tightening the throttle body bolts back up, otherwise you will strip the threads. I just use a hand driver because you can't put as much torque on it compared to a ratchet.

Back