• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5.5" Lift Steering Correction

WholeLottaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 XJ with RE 5.5" coils up front, 3.5" springs out back with TnT 1.5" shackles. I have adjustable uppers and RE non-adjustable lowers. I also have a JKS trackbar.

I have two issues.

Issue #1

At speeds of 55+, there's a vibration I can feel under my feet that doesn't change with acceleration or deceleration. My pinion angle seems to be in check. Could it be a problem with the driveshaft itself, or is this something I'll always deal with because of the LP D30?

Issue#2

I have a pretty bad case of bumpsteer, but the angles up front don't seem nearly that bad. I know the stock steering setup isn't really ideal for my lift height. On the upside, I don't have death wobble. What's the next step in upgrading my steering setup? Do I need a drop pitman arm? Is the JCR 1-ton setup any good?

the currie system would suit you well for steering. or NAXJA is full of tons of threads about steering.

Does it have a fixed yoke it on the TC?

yes. Or you could go JCR or TNT route. ream the top of your knuckles and go OTK. (1ton ends). Some have went with a Tera knuckle-mock highsteer. or same thing with "wj swap"

You will have to move track bar up and probably need to shorten or get a new one. the currie would let you used current TB setup

Back