• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trackbar mount

jdxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,
I put on my new adjustable Trackbar. I noticed that the mount on the axel side (lower end) The whole is wollered out. :flamemad: :flamemad:

It's enough that the trackbar moves fairly easily by hand.
Can I simply weld some 1/8" steel on it, drill the correct size hole and get a longer bolt?

Thanks for any advise
JD

I have seen it done a few ways. The easy way being the one you stated, another couple of ways is to fill the hole with weld and re-drill it with the proper size hole, but only if your a good welder (I dont encourage this method by the way!) and the expensive way is to get new mount that is not hogged out and put on that new unit. Maybe there are a few more ideas floating around out there, but these are the ones I have personally seen done.

I just drilled it out to the next size bolt and used a bigger bolt. I had to take the sleeve out of the bushing to do it, but it wasn't too bad.

Back