• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adjustable LCA without doing the uppers.

glennv

NAXJA Forum User

Do I need to do them all at once or can I get lowers first. I only need a tiny bit of adjustment to the length of the lowers.

Sure why not....the axle will swivel on the one axis(being the uca's)adjusting your caster.You could even use the uca's alone to accomplish the same thing(then your lca's would be the pivoting axis)...
However you want to first center the axle in the wheel well so that your wheelbase is correct using both upper and lower adjustments and then use one or the other to fine tune caster/ds angle...

keep in mind that if this is going to be streeted the front ds angle is first and foremost,caster is socondary for obvious reasons...

Last edited:
glennv said:
Do I need to do them all at once or can I get lowers first. I only need a tiny bit of adjustment to the length of the lowers.​

Yes you can. I run Terra flex adjustables in the lowers and stock uppers.
I get 832 on the RTI ramp too. I have 4" drop brackets though.
571312_174_full.jpg

I run RE fixed lowers and RE adjustable uppers. I didnt want to have threads and a jam nut on the lowers to drag over rocks.

You can adjust caster/pinion from either pair of arms.

cal said:
I run RE fixed lowers and RE adjustable uppers. I didnt want to have threads and a jam nut on the lowers to drag over rocks.

You can adjust caster/pinion from either pair of arms.

Teraflex don't have jam nuts and the threads don't show. Just zerks and you put them on the top. JKS are the same way , but really really beefy.

Back