• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help tire shopping!

loki45

NAXJA Forum User
I'm putting a 2"BB on my '00 XJ Limitied Edition next month and educating myself what size tires I need to get. Its mostly an on-road vehicle so I don't need mud tires and my rims are 16x8 alumimum --bit bigger than the normal 15" steelies. My stock tires are 225/70R16 but I want to get a little bigger, say, 30" but I don't know what that translates into.

I want to get some BF Goodrich A/Ts or Goodyear SilentArmor tires -but open to suggestions! I found an online tire calculator tells me a 255/70R16 will give me the 30" I'm looking for but a 235/75R16 will do the same thing... Can anyone tell me WHAT size is right for me? :read:

I'm doing a lot of road driving for work. The tires I have now measure at 28" and want to replace them with 30" but no bigger than that. The off-roading I do are easy trails that don't require much for modifications --on a scale of 1 to 10 these rides are no harder than a 4.

235's or 30's will do fine. Remember that the bigger you go, the more it will effect you power and fuel economy. You don't have to lift tall in order to get around, but it is still a good idea to invest in skid plates and rock rails.

Back