• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New cranking problem

MattS

NAXJA Forum User
I used to have the vapor lock symptoms, but they have mysteriously disappeared. Now after the JEEP has sat for a while after driving, it will crank and crank and crank, until it starts. Might be the starter, but it seems to only do this after the engine has gotten hot. I want to check the fuel pressure test valve to see if I have pressure after it's sat for a while. All of my starting problem happened after I changed the in-tank unit: fuel pump, filter, etc. I'm almost ready to hand it over to the stealership.......I would rather not do that though.

I keep forgeting that I don't have a signature. It's a 99 - 4.0. TPS, temp, IAC all new. Plugs, wires, cap and rotor are about a year old. New unit inside the fuel tank. Any help is appreciated!

Check the plugs - if you used platinum tipped, they are likely toast by now.
You could put some UV dye in the fuel, then use a leak light to check for leaks.

Back