• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hitch for moto-x carrier

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
I recently purchased a dirtbike carrier for my xj, I'm hauling a xr400 on it and I notice a fair bit of flex in the hyitch itself, its a 2 inch reciever setup with trailer brakes so I thought it would be fine. Normal flex or should I upgrade or modify my existing setup? Any hitch recommendations??

I think I'm the only one with one of these in existance, I have never seen anyone else with one yet .Just trying to see if my 270lb bike is exceeding the threshold of my hitch.

The hitch has two large bolts that attach it to the frame rails and another bolt that attaches the actual reciever tube to the unibody. heres a pic of the hauler http://www.ultimatemxhauler.com/product.php. The bike when lowered sticks out about 2ft when raised maybe 1ft4inches.

three bolts?
the factory hitch attaches with 6, does that tell you something?

also, this isn't original equipment, and should probably go in mod tech.

You really need to post some pics of your hitch. If it's what I'm thinking it is, you might not want to put a dirtbike on it. Hell I've got an extra hitch I could sell you cheap if you need one.

Back