• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift+tires for a "ALL-TERRAIN" XJ

CustomCrawler

NAXJA Forum User
Im 15 1/2, and got a 88 cherokee renix 4.0 with HP 30+35

ALL terrain meaning

Trails+Mud+Snow+Street :guitar: street meaning daily driver, but 100 miles per month on a busy month.

Id like MT/Rs, BFG m/t, or Trxus m/ts!

Option 1
4.5+33x12.50r15

Option 2
4.5+32x11.50r15

Option 3
3.5"+31x10.50r15

Option 4
3"+31x10.50r15

scottmcneal said:
Option 1
4.5+33x12.50r15
go for that 1. What lift you going to run? (make)

Thanks, I was planning on one of these for the 4.5:

Rubicon Express 4.5, I can get for 700+ ship
Rough Country 4.5, I can get for 450+ ship

Alot of Xjers around here said I wont need a sye with my XJ with a RC 4.5, a aw4+np242.

yep, i have the 6.5 on mine with t case drop...When you first do the lift it will be a little rough then it will get smooth. i enjoy my set up.

6.5 with 33x1250x15

scottmcneal said:
yep, i have the 6.5 on mine with t case drop...When you first do the lift it will be a little rough then it will get smooth. i enjoy my set up.

6.5 with 33x1250x15

I get rough country 4.5 with a discount+ its only 2 hour drive up there, so I might take the Camry there and back :guitar:

the kit itself contains:
Front coil springs
front lower control arms
transfer case drop kit
front track bar drop bracket
swaybar links
brake line relocating brackets
4 RC Hydro 8000 series shocks (Will be 10x better then my stock shocks now [My rig has 108k miles but my dad said the shocks were shot to hell])
rear add-a-leafs and shackles

CustomCrawler said:
Im 15 1/2, and got a 88 cherokee renix 4.0 with HP 30+35
axle swap. and fuck the local xjers.. AALs are near worthless. just buy the full pack and you'll be set.

Seriously man. Go with option 4.

Learn to drive your rig with a small lift & tires. You have plenty of time to go bigger later.
Spend the money you save on your 3" lift & cheaper tires, on some rock rails, skids & recovery points.

Remember you have a D35 in the back. You'll be able to beat it with 31's no prob but with bigger tires like 33's, you'll start pushing it.
Next step would be to swap out that rear axle & throw in locker.

You'll be surprised at how capable an XJ on 31's,3" lift & locker can be. Plus think of look on guys faces when they get out wheeled by a skilled 16yer old driver with that set up.

Happy wheelin!

the addaleafs will shag will fast, i did my first r c lift for a friend over 2 years ago with the addleaf, it was crap in 6 months, so we went leafs.. he has lost about 3/4" since then

X2 with mattyj's suggestion....

I run 3.5" on 30s, upgrading one part at a time...I can keep up with guys on 33s...its all about the skinny pedal and the lines you take.

Back