• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drop Brackets

Lowrange2

NAXJA Forum User
I understand how the drop brackets would increase the ride and I want to do that for sure but since I have Rusty's Fixed LCAs and only two different holes in the UCA I dont know that i would be able to adjust my caster back out to where it needs to be.

I guess my main question is how much do the drop brackets effect the caster?

Yes I searched...

It drops the uppers and lowers both, so your caster will be affected very little.

No problem with caster; however, you will move the axle forward.

Which is exactly what he needs....

IGOCOMMANDO said:
Which is exactly what he needs....

That is very true. I think im just gunna do LAs. By the time i spend 350 on drop brackets and another 200 on Adjustable LCAs I could just spend another 200 and get High Clearance Long Arms. Ya get the better ride and more flex... fun fun...

lowrange2 said:
That is very true. I think im just gunna do LAs. By the time i spend 350 on drop brackets and another 200 on Adjustable LCAs I could just spend another 200 and get High Clearance Long Arms. Ya get the better ride and more flex... fun fun...

I would argue that last point. You're going to make permanent changes to your rig with long arms that can't be easily reversed and, for some, they aren't that much better.

I run RE fixed arms and drop brackets and flex as well as my buddies with long arms allowing me to go wherever they do. I've driven several of their rigs and there is a certain "looseness" that is a little unnerving.

For less money (even cheaper buying used), drop brackets will give you the ride and proper geometry you need and allow you to use your existing fixed arms with nothing else required, especially torching off existing brackets. If you choose to go with long arms later, you have something to sell.

drop brackets rule. i ran RE fixed arms with trailmaster 4" drop brackets with 7" coils and it rode just great and had more than ample travel, combined with some 36" SS and i was goin everywhere.

i miss my drop brackets.

damn tube buggy.

I am running RE drop brackets with fixed trail master lower and adjustable BDS uppers and i love it. before that i had fixed lowers and stock uppers, and it worked just the same. I also have 2 friends running RE drop brackets, one is running fixed Rusty's arms top and bottom and the other has Rusty's fixed lowers and stock uppers. All three of our jeeps drive awesome on the street and work great offroad. All 3 are also lifted around 7 inches and mine scored just a few points less than a Rusty's LA equipped XJ on the RTI ramp. so if i were you i would by the brackets, run your arms and be happy with your jeep.

I love my brackets,at 6" of lift it rides great and i like the idea of being forced to stiffen up the unibody with unirail stiffeners in order to safely utilize the brackets. With fixed RE upper and lowers my caster turned out perfect with the 6" skyjacker coil.

Call the naxja sponsers and see who's running some kind of special.

Rawbrown
loose-nuts-enterprises

there are many others, i've had good experiances with those 2

Watch the banner adds for their contact info.

cal said:
Call the naxja sponsers and see who's running some kind of special.

Rawbrown
loose-nuts-enterprises

there are many others, i've had good experiances with those 2

Watch the banner adds for their contact info.

Yup, support who supports us.

Anyway... Dan Turner @ Loose Nuts has treated me right in the past.
Loose Nuts Enterprises
909-797-4438

Mike1331 said:
Or DC peters with dc4wd. I go a great deal on some Rock Krawler products through him. Prices shipped are lower than advertised price from the actual manufacturer.
http://www.dc4wd.com/
X2 for RE products. As much as 1/3 less than retail.

Back