• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

uhhhhh wheels

vbjornsson

NAXJA Forum User
I have access to a set of 32" 16R goodyear mtrs for free from my dad but i currently have a set of 31" bfg mud terrains for a 15" rim. The mtrs are already mounted and i have used them before, its just the wheels that they are on are a lot heavier than the 15x8 outlaw IIs i have on now. I felt a big loss of both going and braking power when i had the mtrs and 16" rims on, and since ive been wanting new wheels anyway i was thinking of getting a set of either 16x8 classic IIs or classic locks from mickey thompson. The only thing is, I want to know how much a 15x8 outlaw II wheel weighs so i can compare it to the weight of a 16x8 wheels i want to get. I cant find the weights on american racings website so i was wondering if anyone here knew. I doubt the classics IIs are much heavier but i just want to make sure before i spend the cash.

Thanks
vbjornsson

The weight difference you are noticing is probably due to the tires, not the wheels. At any rate, you can email the wheel manufacturers, they will tell you the weights...

Edit: glennv beat me to the punch. The bastid...
:D

And they could be taller than his current tires without appriopriat gears, etc.

The difference in weight between a 15" alloy wheel and 16" alloy wheel should not be enough to factor in the decision process.

Agreed cal. I remember once thinking I would get aluminum wheels to replace my steel stockers on account of weight. Funny thing is though, the stock 7"steelies weighed 26lbs each while the 16" A/R ones I was looking at weighed in at 24.5lbs each. Aluminum Jeep Canyons were the lightest I found at the time weighing in at 21lbs each.

At any rate, I don't think weight matters enough to affect a purchase...

Back