• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lets Talk Lube...Shocks, Shackles and assorted Bushings

EMSJEEP

NAXJA Forum User
The greaseable RE shackles and Control arms, need or need not be greased upon install? It appeared as if the Control arms had been greased but I suppose the shakles had not been? Also, it sounds like my shock bushings are squeaking in the back. The lower ones. With the bolts loose it seems better, and tight, worse. How tight should they be, can I grease them, should they squeak? I can't take the noise anymore...ahhh. What kind of grease, I suppose I will need a grease gun for the greaseables with the fittings... I also just got new rear upper bushings from RE as the ones in the kit split in two upon install of the bar pins, the new ones seemed to help with the squeak as well. Please teach me how to lube! ::Edit:: <...the Jeep!>
Thanks. I was kind of embarassed to put this basic question in mod tech, so just pretend my shocks are Mopar...or whatever makes you happy. :)

Last edited:
White Lithium grease is best for the poly bushings.How you grease the shock bushings--pull off and grease-then tighten so they dont move.
Wayne

k- I'll go there first, then pick up a grease gun for the shackles I think.

Anyone have issues with RE bushings, mine seem to be going south very very fast. First the shocks and now the UCA body side ones have nearly split in half from the force of being pulled towards the axel...please help me work out my squeaks.

Back