• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

d44 ford and waggy comp.

rehab

NAXJA Forum User
i just ordered some yukon shafts for a 80-91 waggy, inners and outters. and i am using ford hubs, spindles, and knuckles. am i going to have a problem with the outter shafts being two different lengths? i measured the two i have and they are about a 1/4 inch different.

rehab said:
i just ordered some yukon shafts for a 80-91 waggy, inners and outters. and i am using ford hubs, spindles, and knuckles. am i going to have a problem with the outter shafts being two different lengths? i measured the two i have and they are about a 1/4 inch different.

If the Yukon shafts are 1/4 to short, I don't believe you will be able to install the snap ring on the end of the shaft.
On my Ford HP D44, I was barely able to install the ring. If the Yukon shafts are 1/4 to long, then I think you will be alright, as long as the rubber seal on the stub shaft seals up the back of the knuckle.
But I'm not axle expert.

the ford shaft is 9.72" and the waggy is 9.94" and i am pretty sure it has two different c clip positions.

if it doesnt fit, i will have to find a way to make it work, even if it involves breaking out the chop saw and die grinder! lol

keep the stub shaft with the knuckle/spindle that you're useing...

call Randy's ring and pinion or wherever you ordered your shafts from, and ask them if they'll take back the waggy outers and sell you some ford outters...

the stub shaft length is importiant...

XJ_ranger said:
keep the stub shaft with the knuckle/spindle that you're useing...

call Randy's ring and pinion or wherever you ordered your shafts from, and ask them if they'll take back the waggy outers and sell you some ford outters...

the stub shaft length is importiant...

well it looks like im screwed and i will have to eat it and just order extra stubs. i bought them as an assembled kit from completeoffroad and i doubt they will let me pound the stubs out and send it back.

Back