• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trans Am hood vents

hey those look pretty good

Hey, not too shabby. I was thinking about giving something like that a shot, but I forgot all about it. Thanks for reminding me.

wolfpackjeeper said:
I am most of the way done with my hood vent install. I just need to go back and, trim fit a few spots, then coat the edges with a primer/sealer to prevent rust

DSC00958.jpg

DSC00957.jpg

they were an easy install, and I can see the heat boiling out of them after a bit. hood is quite a bit cooler when I go to open it now
Looks good.

you gotta use the other vents that are near the rear of the trans am hood also... i dont think they do much on my car but look good probably help the jeep out alot more lol
2102276_18_full.jpg

EvanH said:
Maybe it is just me, but aren't they backwards?

I was thinking the same thing too. But i guess it depends if you want to push cold air into the engine compartment or let hot air out. i would have turned them around and mounted them closer to the cowl, IMO.

When can I get my drill and the jigsaw back? Gotta get that stuff back in the shop before pop's realizes that its missing. He mounted them that way because of something he read on go-jeep's website. He drilled the holes and I started cutting....

I want to put the smaller ones at the back, just have not had the chance. With both of them in it would have the effect of washing cooler air over the motor, as opposed to just sucking the air out of the engine bay in front of the radiator. I did it more because I got tired of outrageous underhood temps than for any cooling relief. It seems to have made a large difference. I never have really had any cooling issues, even with the stroker, heck I am not even running a dedicated fan right now.

Back