• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 manifold upgrade:removing barbed fitting?

cjben

NAXJA Forum User
I am doing the 2000 manifold upgrade along with swapping a 96 engine into my 92 cherokee. I need to remove the barbed fitting on the 2000 intake manifold that is closest to the firewall because it is to big for any of the hoses i need to hook up. my question is,is this a screw in fitting,or is it pressed in,in which case I will just have to plug it and have to use a tee for the other hoses i need? I tried to get it loose with a pair of vise grips,but was afraid of twisting it to much and breaking it off. thanks for any help!! Ben

Last edited:
if i remember correctly, there are two larger vacuum fittings that are pressed in and are not designed to be "removable". one on top, and one on the side. just cap 'em and use one of the threaded holes with a screw-in nipple of whatever appropriate size.

thanks,Ten high. I got all the vacuum hoses hooked up this morning. i did plug the one in question,and just used a 3 way tee to get the other hoses hooked up to the manifold.

Back