• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leveling out a lift, coil spacer install?

bl87xj

NAXJA Forum User
I need to bring the front up about an inch to even out my lift. I was barley able to get the new coils in place when I did the lift install, not sure if I can do it with the spacers in place.

Do I really have to pull the front end apart again?

And go get it aligned again? ($$$)

Thinking of going with 1.75" spacers and 1" shackles to pick up a little more clearance.

Any tips on easy spacer install?

bl87xj said:
I need to bring the front up about an inch to even out my lift. I was barley able to get the new coils in place when I did the lift install, not sure if I can do it with the spacers in place.

Do I really have to pull the front end apart again?

And go get it aligned again? ($$$)

Thinking of going with 1.75" spacers and 1" shackles to pick up a little more clearance.

Any tips on easy spacer install?

I dropped my axle enough to install JKS ACOS even with 5.5 RE coils, so you should be able to install the spacer. Just jack it up on 6 ton stands, diconnect track bar, shocks, and possibly brake lines. Lower the axle all the way down with a floor jack, then slide the coils out. Or you can use strut compressors. The 1 3/4 inch spacer will change your caster setting, so it will have to be set again.

Back