• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 5.9 limited ZJ Sound Upgrade

jeepsrock

NAXJA Forum User
Hey All-
My friends birthday is coming up and he owns a 98 5.9 lim zj. As far as i know this jeep comes with what they call the infinity gold amp and speakers. When i was with him the other day the speakers sounded like crap because he said the speakers were coming apart.
After searching online i was able to find these diagrams.

http://files-upload.com/374462/98radio.pdf.html

Looking at the limited schematic, i have made a few observations that raise a few questions.
*First the dash speakers , is it referring to the tweeters ? And if so do the tweeters themselves have crossovers , bc they just connect to the door speaker wires ??
*Secondly What power does this amp give out to each channel ? Can the speakers just be replaced with some nice components or 3 ways ? output ohms ?
*Whats up with the dual rear speaker, is that the sound bar ?

Thanks any info would be appreciated. If anybody has dealt with this system and upgraded it their thoughts would be appreciated to.

pete

lol

Maybe Off Topic but they just reserved that for paying memebers now (grrrrr)

We're like techies here.....should get free memberships because without us there'd be no Naxja right? Except for a few old-farts with red names :)

Back