• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-Case skid plate

billyjp2

NAXJA Forum User
My stock cross member is getting so beat up that the 1" T-case drop i installed with my 4.5" RE lift is now obscelete. The driveshaft now binds when i really get on the brakes hard. i'm gonna replace the cross member with one off my parts jeep, but i really need some kind of skid plate. i need input on a skid that can take alot of abuse. Thanks for any input.

Full Traction makes a nice skid out of .250" mat.
FTS720646a.jpg

alexer03 said:
anyone run the rustys skid? i was thinkin bout gettin that one

I have it. Works pretty good. Some say it hangs down a bit lower than others. It has a few small gouges, but it hasn't bent. It will work with the 231 or the 242. HTH. JIM.

Don't look at the Warn, I pushed it into my case in 2 rides.

DPG sells a nice one.

www.dpgoffroad.com

alexer03 said:
anyone run the rustys skid? i was thinkin bout gettin that one

I have it it was in my budget and works well, i did have some fitment issuses and had to do some drilling.

I vote for the Rusty's transfer case skid. Guaranteed to work with any setup that you are running, built of indestructible 3/16" steel, and the least expensive that I can find.

jeeperguy21 said:
I vote for the Rusty's transfer case skid. Guaranteed to work with any setup that you are running, built of indestructible 3/16" steel, and the least expensive that I can find.
I don't think it will work with RE's Extreme Duty 5.5" Long Arm kit. I could be wrong, though.

Georgia Mike said:
I don't think it will work with RE's Extreme Duty 5.5" Long Arm kit. I could be wrong, though.
Why would you need a skid with the RE LA kit. Everything is covered by the belly pan. I have the RE LA 5.5 on my TJ it covers everything back to the yoke and foward under the tranny. But for $2049.95 I'd probably go for the DPG @ $179.00 If I didn't already plan on doing the RE . I just looked at their site though and all there prices have gone up. :( I should have got it sooner.:smsoap:

Back