• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ bad water pump

guzzirider

NAXJA Forum User
I noticed a little coolant on the garage floor last week where the wife parks. This afternoon she pull and coolnat is running out the bottom of the car. The water pump is gone ( 114K miles).

I am going out of town Tues for while, so I can't fix it.

The question should I just drop it at the dealer, 10 miles and have them install a stock pump. or goe else where and have an up graded unit put in.

I will lalso have a new belt and thermostat installed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

If you take it to a dealer your gonna get bent over. Parts are like 50 bucks. But they will charge you like $400. Atleast thats what they charged some poor girls that didnt know any better. A friend of a friend deal.

They only bend over the girls, at least thats what we do. Just kiding. What ever you do, do it yourself, have a good shop or a dealer do it while it's stll just a water pump. You'll really get bent over if you need to get it fixed on the road.

Back